Svāti Tirunāḷ Rāma Varma was born into the Venad dynasty of the Matrilineal royal family of Travancore, which is now a part of Kerala. He lived for 33 years from 16 April 1813 – 26 December 1846. He was the Maharaja of the Kingdom of Travancore, British India. He was a brilliant music composer and is credited with over 400 classical compositions in both Carnatic and Hindustani style.
Prerequisite: This would be suitable for students who have learnt Varnams and Krithis and can sing with proper sruthi and Tala without flaw.
No. of Sessions: 10 (1hr)
Class Size : Individual
Content: The following aspects will be covered in each session –
- Brief explanation about the kriti
- Small swara exercises/raga phrases in the raga of the kriti
- Teaching of the kriti
- Revision of the previous kriti(s) learnt.
Below is the list of kritis that will be covered as part of this 10-hour module –
- Sarojana nabha daya - Raga Chakravaham - Adi Tala
- Sri Rama vibho - Raga Arabhi - Adi Tala
- Maamava sada - Raga Kanada - Rupaka Tala
- Padmanabha pahi - Raga Hindolam - Adi Tala
- Kripaya paalaya - Raga Charukesi - Misra Chapu Tala
Note: The above list of kritis is subject to modifications depending on the student’s abilities and preferences.