Vaggeyakaras or composers of carnatic music are predominantly men as in numerous other fields during the earlier era’s. Women broke this stronghold and forced the world to recognize their immense talent and proficiency in their language.They belonged to various walks of life, few were and are revered as saints, some belonged to royal families, but most were common women with their passion for writing. This module is in dedication and a celebration of such talent, proficiency and extreme penmanship and comprises few such rare gems in various languages.
Prerequisite : 8 Varnams & 15 Krithis
Age :12 years & above
Class size : Group of 3-10 students
Sessions : 8 (Weekly Once)
- Paahi Mohanakrute-Kamas-Rupakam-Kuttikunju Thangacchi-Sanskrit
- Mariyemi Kavalanu-Kanada-Adi-Ambujam Krishna-Telugu
- Nuthanakke Nuthana-HamirKalyani-Kanda Chapu-Nidaguruki Jeevu Bai-Kannada
- Hari Mai tho-Desh-Adi-Meerabai-Hindi
- Govinda Hare Govinda-Ragamalika-Adi-Suguna Purushothaman-Tamizh
- Kanjalochani-Kalyani-Tisra Adi-D. Pattamal-Tamizh
- Maasil Ayodhiyil-Ragamalika-Adi-Neela Ramamurthy-Tamizh
- Tiruppavai-"Kuntalavarali/ Sindhubhairavi"-Adi-Andal-Tamizh
Note :The above list of kritis is subject to modifications depending on the student’s abilities and preferences.