Umashree has been passionate about carnatic music ever since her childhood. She learnt vocal music from Mrs.Sulochana Sampath. Later she developed a liking for Mandolin (instrumental music) after hearing the Mandolin legend and pioneer Padma Shri U.Srinivas. With divine blessings, she had the privilege of learning from him and honed her playing skills further with dedicated practice and devotion to her guruji. Her mandolin Arangetram was conducted under the auspices of her guruji's music school “SIWOM” in 2013.
She is a B.E.(ECE) and ICMA (Inter). The passionate call of her divine music has led her to take up music as a full time career and she now teaches a lot of students both vocal and mandolin instruments, besides giving solo performances in the sabhas. With God's and her Guruji's blessings she has carved a niche in the world of Mandolin.
- TTD Chennai
- Brahma Gana Sabha
- Bharati Vidya Bhavan
- Giri Fine Arts at Mylapore
- NSCA Velachery
- Meenakshi Sunderrajan Fine arts Academy, Chennai
- Valayapatti Naadalaya Trust
- MAARGA trust
- Naadhabrahmam Gyan Academy
- Various Temples Sri Kapaleeshwar temple,Sri Karpaga Vinayagar Satsangam, Kanchi, Arupadaiveedu murugan temple,Mutt, Sri Raghavendraswamy-Anjaneyar Temple & Sapthaham festival.
- Participated in the Youth Program of All India Radio, Chennai.
- Periava Radio
- Diwali special program in Raj Digital Plus TV
- Various sabhas in Chennai , Trivandrum & Vaikom,during music season.