Rajini Hariharan is a multi-faceted personality. She has a Postgraduate degree in Public Relations, and Music along with a Bachelor of Law degree. She is heading the Corporate Advisory Services of a Leading law firm.
Rajini Hariharan is a senior Carnatic and Professional Musician and started learning music at the early age of seven from Ms. Shanmugavadivu, senior disciple of Musiri Subramania Iyer. She was in Delhi for a decade during which time she was learning from veterans Late Smt. RadhaKrishna and Late Smt. Vasantha Sundaram. She is also the senior most disciple of Sangita Kalanidhi Late Dr. B. Rajam Iyer for more than 2 decades. Presently under the guidance of Smt. Seetha Narayanan. Rajini Hariharan is quite well versed with the nuances of music. She has learnt a lot of rare Muthuswamy Dikshidar Kritis from her Guru. She regularly gives performances in all the renowned Sabhas during the Music Season and also gives a lot of thematic concerts and other TV Channels She has been awarded with
- NCA Excellence Award
- Dasakalamani Award from Purandaradasr Bhakta samajam,
- Asthana Vidushi, Malibu Temple, California, USA,
- “Isai Kalaivani” from the Lions Clubs International, Dist.324 A1,
- Sangita Alankar from L/c Golden Cultural Capital.
- Sangita Kala Shironmani from Chennai Cultural Academy
- She is always referred as “Gana Kuyil” in the whole Lions District 324 A1.
- Recently awarded with “Inspiring Musical Icon” by Rotary Clubs International.
- Nallor virudhu –Thyagaraja Vidwat Samajam.
- Sangita Kala Samrakshini from YACD.
Rajini Hariharan is not only a performer but also a great teacher for many years now. She has been a guiding force and has been teaching students from all walks, ages and levels. She has been the judge for various prestigious competitions and has travelled to USA, Canada, UK, Singapore, Malaysia, Bangkok for giving performances, conducting workshops and lecture demonstrations.
Apart from being a successful performing artist and teacher she is a member of the Lions clubs International, a leading service organization. She has conducted many Inter School talent promotion programmes and has taken her music to teach children at Corporation Schools, Blind Associations and Old Age homes.