Priyashree Shankar specializes in Carnatic music and has been performing for over 20 years now, with more than 500 concerts individually and also as a duo by the name “Mylai Sisters”.She regularly sings for dance programs conducted by esteemed artists some of the programs are elucidated below.
She conducts music classes for all age groups at my residence in Mylapore and also conducts sloka classes for adults.
With Masters degree in Music from Madras University, she is AIR (All India Radio) - B High grade artist (Vocals)
TRAINING & ACCOLADES
- Smt. Leelavathy Gopalakrishnan (Mother) from childhood
- Advanced training from Sangeetha Kalanidhi Sri.T.M.Thiagarajan for 4 years
- Panniru thirumurai from Kalaimamani Saidai Thevaram Sri Natarajan.
Won prizes in various music competitions conducted by prestigious institutions:
- Tambura prize given by The Music Academy of The Indian Fine Arts Society
- Tamil Isai Sangam
- The Mylapore Fine Arts Society
- Thyaga Brahma
- Gana Sabha
To mention a few key perform at various venues & events:
- Karthik Fine Arts at Bharathiya Vidya Bhavan
- Kabaleeshwarar temple, Mylapore
- Om Murugasramam Temple, West Mambalam, Chennai on the event of Shasti
- Sri Kasi Viswanathar Temple, Ayodha Mandapam, Chennai
- 3 hour concernt of Thyagaraja's compositions for Bagula Panchami, organised by Sathguru Seva Sangam, Chennai.
- 2 time performance at Sri Mah Meru Dhyana Nilayam in the presence of Sri Kasi Viswanathar Swamigal.
- Event organised by Panduranga Bhajana Mandali Sri jayakrishna Dikshadhar(grandson of Sri Anantharama Dikshidhar) on the occasion of Radha Kalyanam at Srirangam & Sri Muthannaval Aradhanani at Sengalipuram.
- Thiagaraja Aradhanai at Thiruvaiyaru
- On TV channels - Sun TV, Raj TV, Jaya TV, Vijay TV & Doordharshan Podhigai
- 2 hour concert on Lord Muruga at Murugan Illam, Kodambakkam & got conferrred with the title, 'Isai Vel' from Dr.Varadharajan(Lord Murugan Siddhar)
- Music season concerts for 4 consecutive years at the Giri Fine Arts
- Padma Sarangapani Cultural Academy, Villivakkam, Chennai
- A unique performance of Light classical cum devotional songs with interludes by Veena, Violin & Flute
- Maruthi Temple, Bengaluru
- Sri Subramanya Swami Temple, Ulsoor, Bengaluru for Adi Kirthigai
- NCPA(National Centre for the Performing Arts), Mumbai.
- The Asthika Samaj Temple, Mumbai
- Tamil Sangam, Mumbai
- Ayappa Seva Sangam, Mumbai
- Vedanayaki - songs on Ambal
- Deepachudare Droupathiye - songs on Droupathi Amman
- Lalitha Ganam
- Ashabhuja Kali
- Thevaram - 2 albums
- Recognised by the Lions Club for contribution to Music on Women's day, 2016.
Vocal support for dancers:
- Mahalingapuram Ayyappan temple
- Nadaneerajanam, Tirupathi
- TTD devasthanam, T. Nagar, Chennai
- Women`s day celebration at Hotel Rain tree, RA Puram
- More than 50 arangetrams and 100 salangai poojai concerts
- Dance festival at Mamallapuram
Natyanjali concerts at
- Gangai Konda Chozapuram
- Pandanallur, etc.