Gargi N Shabaray, is a young, multitalented, enthusiastic musician. Hailing from the town of Udupi, Karnataka, the abode of the beautiful Lord Krishna. Her family has a lineage of artists.
Born to Narayana Shabaraya and Rajashree, she was naturally inclined to music and started her musical journey at the young age of 5. She is in the field of music for the past 20 years.
She also holds a Masters in Botany, and has a great interest in teaching Biology. Apart from her academics and music, Gargi is an one of the fine artists in the field of Visual Arts. Her work in this field is innovative and commendable.
MUSIC JOURNEY :
- Carnatic classical vocal for 20 years under the tutelage of Prof.V. Aravinda Hebbar, Vidushi Vasanthalaxmi Hebbar, Vidushi Ranjani Hebbar.
- Light music under Vid. Raghavandra Acharya and Vid. Chetana Udupi.
- Recipient of central and state government scholarships like CCRT, INSPIRE,Karnataka Sangeetha Nritya Academy etc.
- Performed in prestigious sabhas like Ranjani Memorial Trust, Sangeetha Sabha, Ragadhana Udupi, Sankethi Sabha Shimoga,Sangeetha Parishath, Mani Krishnaswami Academy, Mangalore, Sri RamaLalitha Kala Mandira, Kalavantha Bangalore, Arkay Convention centre Chennai, Rajangana Udupi,Edneer Mutt Mumbai and many more.
- Secured 1st place in National level devotional music competition Conducted by All India Radio
- Secured 1st place in National level devotional Music competition conducted by Sowrabha trust Shimoga with a Cash prize of 2 lakhs.
- Secured 2nd place in Carnatic classical music reality show Conducted by World music conservatory and Shankara TV channel with cash prize of Rs. 50000.
- Has given more than 200 concerts and won more than 300 prizes in district,state and national level music competitions.