The module aims at providing a glimpse into the challenging world of RTP singing. This workshop will help in a preliminary understanding for students who desire to embark on the journey of mastering the art of RTP singing.
This module is for students who are already familiar with Kalpanasvara, Raga alapana and Niraval singing.
No. of sessions: 15 (1 hour/ session)
Class size: Individual
- Preparatory exercises for RTP singing; vocal based and tala based exercises with alankaram-s.
- Preparatory vocal exercises for RTP singing based on varnam-s.
- Revision of tala based exercises with alankaram-s
- Preparatory tala based exercises with varnam-s
Sessions 4, 5, 6 & 7
- Basic knowhow about raga alapana singing
- Learn alapana singing for pallavi – in major and rakti raga-s
Sessions 8, 9, 10 &11
- Basic knowhow about tanam singing
- Learn tanam singing in major and some rakti raga-s like Begada
- Tanam singing in one raga and as ragamalika
Sessions 12,13,14 & 15
- Basic knowhow about pallavi singing
- Learn to sing one chatusra nadai pallavi with niraval and trikalam.
- Learn to sing one tisra nadai pallavi with niraval and trikalam.