She started her musical journey at the age of 10. There has been no turn around ever since. Trained and guided by various Gurus like Vidwan Sri Belakwadi Rangaswamy Iyengar in Mysore,Vidushi Smt. Jayalakshmi Parthasarathy, in Chennai, Vidwan Sri Vijayarahavan, Chennai, Vidushi Smt. Vijaya Nagarajan (disciple of Vidushi Smt. D.K. Pattammal), in Chennai, Vidushi Smt. Vasantha Srinivasan, Bangalore (Dasara Padagalu), she has grabbed in depth and immense knowledge on the various aspects of Carnatic music.
As a founder of Shrutilaya School of Music, she has been teaching Carnatic Vocal music for over 30 years. Students are trained in a structured way leading to Junior and Senior grade examinations. She also takes great interest in teaching selected popular kritis of various Vaggeyakaras, Shlokas, Devi Kritis . Bhajans, Devotional Songs in Kannada, Tamil and Telugu.
- Performed in AIR youth program in Chennai,
- Performed at various Music Sabhas
- Received a number of prizes in music competitions
- A large number of her students have passed with distinction in Karnataka State Board examinations
- Many of her students have been giving performances on prestegious stages
- She has been a Judge in music competitions at various events including Cultural Festivals at prestigious institutions like Amrita University, Christ University, Vibgyor High, etc.
- She has travelled to Singapore as an Examiner for a music examination