Born in a family of musicians, Sachin picked up playing musical instruments with a natural flair. Formal training began at the age of 9 under the guidance of his father Shri Manohar Patwardhan,a renowned Violinist and uncle Shri Vijay Patwardhan, a well known Sitarist.Sachin pursued his studies hand in hand with his training in music.He graduated with a degree in Science and afterwards completed his MBA.
Sachin is a multi-talented artiste who after attaining "Sangeet Visharad" as a Violinist, learnt to play the Guitar to explore the western school of music. Soon after that his keen interest motivated him to study the Sarod - where he carved a niche for himself, in the pursuit to attain mastery in the chosen field.
He is fortunate to get the blessings and intensive training under the Guru - Shishya Parampara from the Legendary Sarod Maestro Padma Vibhushan Ustad Amjad Ali Khan Saheb since 1998.
His highly versatile and aesthetic perception of the Sarod has enabled him to touch the most profound depths of his instrument.His purity of style, uniqueness of imagination with his brilliant technique in which he blends the elements of "Gayaki" i.e. Vocal rendering and "Layakari" i.e. Instrumental rhythmic patterns, makes his recitals enchanting.
In his zest to achieve a seamless blend of indo-western music,Sachin performs classical compositions on "Spanish Veena" which is his brainchild. The Spanish Veena is actually a modified version of the electric guitar on which a full range of Indian Classical can be played like aalap, jod, jhala along with different kinds of 'gamaks' and 'murkis' which are specific to the Indian classical style of music. This, on the other hand is not possible on the standard tuned electric guitar.
Sachin performs extraordinarily on the Spanish Veena without compromising on his Indian classical techniques. His highly versatile and aesthetic perception has enabled him to touch the most profound depths of his instrument. His purity of style, uniqueness of imagination with his brilliant technique in which he blends the elements of 'Gayaki' i.e. Vocal rendering and 'Layakari' i.e. Instrumental rhythmic patterns, makes his recitals enchanting.
Fusion & Band
Fusion music is an amalgamation of form, instruments, rhythm, tone that takes your senses to new height of musical experience. Sachin with his team of talented artists bring sense of awe to their audience world over ,with their innovative approach to Indian Western Fusion Music.
The sheer scale and ability of these artists to create innovative music helps bring a new paradigm in Indian Western Fusion Music. It is confluence of style that brings the world of music together. The band Electric Ragaz is creating waves in the new ear of fusion music.The breakaway style and sounds are the highlights of this group. Our band will inspire and entice your senses with music from different cultures coming together in rhythm, harmony and complexity paving its own bold new path.
Awards & Recognition
- He is the recipient of "Abhinav Kala Samman" in the year 2006.
- "Artist of The Month" in Dec. 2009 for 93.5 Red FM.
- Sachin has been selected for the empanelment in the ICCR (Indian Council For Cultural Relations), New Delhi reference artist panel.
Major Performances in India & Abroad
- Eckhardt-Gramatte Hall, Calgary (Canada).
- Royal Albert Hall, London.
- Maharashtra Mandal, London.
- University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- Cultural Exchange - Canada, UAE, Oman.
- Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi Mem Festival, Chennai.
- Sarod Ghar Evening, Gwalior.
- Sangeet Natak Academy, New Delhi.
- South Central Zone Cultural Centre, Mysore.
- Vivekanand University, Bangalore.
- Nehru Centre, Mumbai.
- Xavier's Institute of Management (XIM), Bhubaneshwar.
- U D Alauddin Khan Sangeet Academy, Bhopal.
- India International Centre, New Delhi.
- Virasat Festival, Dehradoon.
- Bharat Bhavan, Bhopal.